Writing new resolutions for the upcoming year is a great tradition many people around the world cherish. By putting all your greatest wishes into words, you make your dreams more tangible and more achievable.
Your resolutions can be about anything under the sun – from your personal relationships to gambling and poker promotions. But for you to truly commit to achieving the goals you set for the upcoming year, you should wholeheartedly care about them.
If online poker has been your passion recently, and you want to make the game a priority, you should mention it as part of your New Year's resolutions. But what kind of poker-related goals should you stick to? How can you make sure your resolutions are practical enough? To help you come up with the best New year's resolutions for 2021, we've gathered some ideas you might find useful:
- Try new poker variants – There are multiple poker variations available to you online: Texas Hold'em, Omaha, and more. Most poker players stick to a single type of poker, which means they miss out on other great betting opportunities. Possible resolution: Try a poker variation you've never played before and play for at least a few weeks.
- Participate in online tournaments - Sometimes, joining major tournaments can be a little intimidating. After all, many powerful players participate in those events, so what chances do others have of winning? The answer is simple: you will never know if you won't try! Also, you can learn a lot about yourself while playing, thus developing brand new poker strategies. Therefore, joining a tournament might be just what you need to become a better player. Possible resolution: Join at least one tournament before the end of 2021.
- Stick to your limits – Poker is a very exciting game, and sometimes, it is hard to stop playing when you're having a lot of fun. But we all have our limits, and we shouldn't surpass them, in order to avoid negative consequences. Possible resolution: Choose an amount of time\money\number of games you want to stick to and try to remain dedicated to your decision all year long.
- Remain optimistic – One of the hardest things to do is keep smiling and believing in yourself after a loss. But if you do manage to keep your cool no matter what, you will be able to increase your chances of making calm and calculated decisions. Possible resolution: Don't let major losses get you down. Keep pursuing your dreams even when you're not always successful!
- Learn from your mistakes – Every game, no matter how successful it was, can turn into a learning opportunity. Possible resolution: write down everything you learned from your session, so you will be able to review your poker play in retrospect.
Happy New Year!
As 2020 is coming to a close, it is time to take a quick peek at the future and try to guess what it might hold. Now you have a chance to decide what the upcoming year will look like and what challenges it will present you with! Are you ready to make the next 12 months as exciting as possible with the help of some original New Year's resolutions?