Whenever you visit an online poker venue, the first thing you are introduced to is the selection of bonuses in store for you. What were your thoughts when you first encountered online poker bonuses? Were you excited or suspicious about them? Most players have ambivalent feelings when it comes to bonuses, as they often seem like a double-edged sword.
Some players believe that bonuses are a scam designed to increase the poker rooms' profits, while others see it as a great opportunity to get familiar with the available games with minimal risk. Well, in reality, both assumptions are true! Some of the best online poker bonuses out there create a win-win situation, allowing both the player and the venue to profit from the situation.
Now, the main question is, how do you know what constitutes a good poker bonus? And how can you make the most of all the bonuses and promotions out there? We are here to help you learn how to maximize your wins with the best poker bonuses on the web!
Types of Online Poker Bonuses
There are many different types of bonuses available at online poker venues, some targeting new members and some rewarding dedicated players. Here are some of the most popular bonuses and promotions you might find online:
- Poker Welcome bonuses – Almost every casino offers a welcome bonus to attract the attention of potential new members. More often than not, welcome offers include match bonuses, which means the online casino will double the money you deposit the first time you play.
- No-deposit bonuses – Those bonuses are a bit harder to find, but they are arguably the most lucrative ones out there. No-deposit poker bonuses allow you to explore all the games the online venue has in store without risking a dime of your own money. In other words, this is the perfect bonus for those who need a bit more convincing before they feel ready to place their own money on the line.
- Deposit bonus poker offers – Just like most welcome offers, you need to deposit cash into your account before these bonuses are available to you. But this time, the offer includes all poker players and not just new members. You can get 2, 3, or even 4 times the amount you deposit if you find the right bonus.
- Loyalty programs – While online poker rooms strive to attract the attention of new players with the help of welcome offers, it is also in their best interest to preserve their current clientele so players will keep using their platform. And that's where loyalty programs come in handy! Those programs can offer anything from VIP customer service to special points that can be redeemed for wagering credits.
- Referral bonuses – If you manage to convince some friends to join the online venue and place bets, the casino will show you gratitude by offering you special prizes! Those can include all types of rewards, so check out what your casino has in store for you.
Tips for Finding the Best Poker Bonuses
Now that you know what kind of offers you might find online, you need to figure out how to wade the good offers out from the bad (TIP: at Everygame Poker there are NO bad offers). Sometimes, the biggest bonuses are also the trickiest ones, and the simpler offers are more usable. So if you want to figure out which is which, pay attention to the following details:
- What are the wagering requirements?
- What are the terms and conditions?
- What is the house edge?
First of all, pay attention to the wagering requirements, which determine when you can withdraw the cash you earn with the help of the bonus in question. Usually, you will be required to multiply the bonus amount by a specific number as you wager before you can enjoy your wins.
Also, you need to pay attention to the terms and conditions. What is the time frame in which the bonus remains valid? Does the bonus limit you to a specific type of game? Even though it might seem like a daunting task, you should read the terms and conditions thoroughly. Once you do, you might know exactly what is required of you to make the most of every given bonus.
And lastly, you need to understand what is the house edge and what your chances are of actually making a profit. The house edge means that the casino takes a percentage of all bets to ensure its profits from the games, so the higher the house edge is – the longer you might be required to play before you make any profit.
Overall, online poker bonuses can be extremely beneficial to you, as long as you pay close attention to the details. If you take the time to explore what the casino has in store for you in the bonus section, you might find the right promotion to boost your wins!