There is this exciting moment - right before you're handed your hole cards - when you hope with all your heart to have a highly successful hand. And what can be better than getting an ace or two?
Aces are considered as the highest-ranking cards in a deck of cards, and they certainly can help you win in mobile poker – if you play them right. Because at the end of the day, powerful cards won't save you if you don't have a solid poker strategy.
So, if you want to make the most of your cards, especially when you get aces, you need to learn what is the best way to deal with them. Are you ready to find out how you should play your Aces?
Pocket Aces Strategy
When you play online poker, the rules are a bit different than those you'll encounter when playing live. If you have pocket aces during an online match, there are a few things you should remember:
- Don't be rash at the pre-flop stage – In online poker, you can't use body language to confuse your opponents. However, there are other telling behavioral traits that you can control, mainly your reaction time. If you act too quickly at the pre-flop stage, your opponents will probably realize you have a highly powerful hand.
In this scenario, they will probably choose the safe route, thus folding without adding much money to the pot. Therefore, at the pre-flop stage, take your time, and don't let your opponents know that your hand is anything above average.
- Limping is a bad strategy – Limping, especially in the early stages of the game, can be dangerous, even if you have a strong starting hand. If you show any signs of hesitance, your opponents won't think they have anything to worry about, and they will keep raising or calling. Therefore, once you reach the turn and river, you will have to face multiple opponents. That will increase the chance they will get a better hand than yours. Your goal is to intimidate your opponents around the flop stage of the game, make as many of them fold, so you won't have to fear the competition.
- No slow playing after the flop – Once you pass the flop, players are less likely to fold. Now, instead of trying to intimidate them, you should be trying to get as much money as possible into the pot. You will want to keep raising and being actively involved, which means that slow playing is out of the question.
- Remain vigil and be on the lookout for better hands – Remember that while aces are powerful cards, they are not indestructible. Various combinations, like a straight flush or full house, will easily beat a pair of aces. So, even though you should try to make the most of this hand, make sure you're not underestimating your opponents. If there is a chance someone else at the table can outplay you, don't be too proud to fold.
So, in short: what should your poker strategy look like when, or if, you get aces straight off the bat? Here are a few dos and don'ts you should remember:
- NO slow playing
- NO limping
- NO overestimating your hand's value
- DO try to make opponents to fold
Be Smart and Enjoy Poker!
While getting strong cards is a matter of luck - what you do with them is all up to you. If you are dealt aces at the beginning of the game, make sure you know how to make the most of them! That way, you will be able to increase your chances of making an actual profit.