Have you ever wondered how popular poker really is? While it is hard to determine how many people play poker around the world, some believe there are at least 120 million players playing online poker alone.
The fact that so many people play the popular and iconic game means two things: a) you have an endless pool of opponents to play against, and b) you have a big community to rely on when necessary.
If you immerse yourself in the local poker scene or an online poker community, every poker session will feel as if you're playing poker online with friends. However, the fun experience of playing against people you consider your mates is not the only perk of being a part of this ever-growing community. Find out what you can gain from relying on your fellow poker players NOW!
How You Can Benefit from Joining the Poker Community
The urge to be a part of one community or another is rooted deeply in our DNA. Humans have been creating armies, building cities, and joining forces to improve their lifestyle since the beginning of time.
In general, humans are social creatures. While we can live and survive all alone in the world, there is no doubt that being a part of something bigger allows us to thrive and grow beyond our own capabilities.
There are many perks to belonging to a community of any kind:
- Support and safety – The saying "there's safety in numbers" couldn't be more accurate. Whenever you make a mistake or find yourself in a dire situation, you always have someone to turn to for advice. When it comes to the poker community, that means you have veteran poker players and fellow players who can help and support you whenever you find the game too hard to handle.
- Feeling like you belong – As adults, we often find it hard to create meaningful connections. It is way easier for people to create friendships when they have things in common, and there is nothing more bonding than a mutual love for poker.
- A great platform for learning – While communities usually revolve around a common interest, that doesn't mean everyone is 100% the same. You will always meet players who have something new to offer and someone you can learn from, thus becoming a better poker player.
- More chances to succeed – Like in business, the more people you know in the poker community, the greater your chances of success. Poker is not only about how many games and tournaments you play, but it is also about how you make the most of your skills. If you partner up with the right people, you can create a successful poker podcast, training website, and so much more!
- Give your health a boost – Studies published by the National Institute of Health have shown that the greater your sense of community, the better your general and mental health. That means that becoming a part of the poker community is not only about giving you a chance to master the art of poker – it is also about improving your overall quality of life.
Play Poker with Friends - You Will Be Better for It!
If you've been wondering whether playing poker is worth your while or not, you should think outside the box: what can poker give you apart from allowing you to win cash prizes? One of the game's biggest perks is the fact that it has such a strong community you get to be a part of.
So, are you ready to set out on an exciting adventure surrounded by people of your own heart?